From: Jeffrey Jacobs
Subject: Lisp Fact/Rumors (Was Lisp,Ada,Flames)
WHOOPS!  How could I forget Texas Instruments?  (Must have been reading
too much of Stan Shebs at one sitting :-)

TI is, of course, in a class by itself.  TI can, and probably will, continue to
develop it's Explorer line for many years to come.  Whether that particular
division is profitable or not is anyone's guess, but I would certainly have little
hesitation in guessing that it is not.  But TI can easily afford to fund it,
both for research and prestige purpose.

In fact, it is a reasonable guess that TI will be the 'winner' in the Lisp
machine sales.  They might even eventually be the *only* vendor
of Lisp machines.  But I doubt that it will ever be a real money earner...

 Jeffrey M. Jacobs
 CONSART Systems Inc.
 Technical and Managerial Consultants
 P.O. Box 3016, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
 (213)376-3802
 CIS:75076,2603
 BIX:jeffjacobs
 USENET: ·······@well.UUCP