From: Ulf Dahlen
Subject: Standard?
About this talk about the benefits of a standard:
Why worry about all this? Is standardization really that good? To me
it seems that all these standards always are totally inadequate. Isn't it
so that standards have a checking effect on development (as any monopoly)?

__________
Ulf Dahlen
Dept of Computer & Info Science, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Troskaregatan 51:23       |     ···@majestix.liu.se
S-583 30  LINKOPING       |     ···@majestix.UUCP
SWEDEN                    |     {mcvax,munnari,seismo}!enea!liuida!uda
"The beginning is a very delicate time."
From: David G. Grubbs
Subject: Lisp to C (I know, I know)
I need to translate Lisp to C.

Please don't inundate me with reasons why one would or would not
want to do such a thing, but for reasons of efficiency, and to
mix some code written in the two languages a little more easily,
I would like to translate a bunch of Common Lisp code to C.

What avenues do I have available?  Are there public domain, or
commercial translators I might acquire?  In the absence of such
tools, does C++ have the language constructs (and compatibility
with C) to make for an easier translation?

Any suggestions (sent directly to me, not to the net) would be
appreciated.  Any flames from religious zealots will be ignored.