From: ······@forty2.dec.com
Subject: Re:Henderson's book on functional programming
>>In article <····@laidbak.UUCP> ·······@laidbak.UUCP (Eric R. Terrell) writes:
>>
>>Someone has recommended Henderson's book on functional programming as a
>>good book about LISP implementation.  Could that person provide some
>>additional info:
>>
>>Book's Title, Publisher, etc

>For all who may be interested:
>
>  Funtional Programming: Application and Implementation
>  by Peter Henderson
>  Prentice-Hall International, 1980

>John Baugh (···@cive.ri.cmu.edu)

People interested in Peter Hendersons' Functional Programming book may also
be interested in "The Lispkit Manual" volumes 1 & 2 by Henderson, Jones and
Jones written for the Oxford University Computing Laboratory.  Volume 1 is
a brief introduction to the language and existing  implementations, Volume 2
contains a copy of some Liskit programs and the actual virtual machine coded
in a portable manner in Pascal.

To quote volume 2:

"The Lispkit system is distributed, free of charge, by the authors: for copies
of the documentation, copies of the Lispkit system, or for any other information about
about Lispkit, contact:

	Peter Henderson,
	Department of Computing Science,
	UNiversity of Stirling,
	Stirling FK9 4LA"

Does anyone have an implementation running that could be made available over
the net?, I'd like to try it out on a VAX running VMS.

Regards
    	Permjeet Pandha