From: ·······@cunixc.UUCP
Subject: Availability of Scheme for UNIX
I'm looking for Scheme, my favorite semi-mainstream programming language.
In particular, I'm trying to find one that will run under UNIX (Ultrix)
on our VAX.

Now I've heard and read that the standard EMACS distribution includes
MIT Scheme, but ours doesn't seem to. (Just some "inferior Scheme
process" modes which suggest that there is a Scheme (I hope it's
not an inferior :-) implementation!), somewhere, to be run.)

Is this the Scheme I'm looking for? Is there any way, in particular one over
a network (as opposed to a physical distribution), to get a copy of it?

Thanks...

Adam (Cat) J. Kucznetsov

ARPA: ·······@cunixc.columbia.edu
BITN: ··········@cu20b, ·····@cuvma
UUCP: ...!seismo!columbia!cunixc!ajacobs
From: ······@bu-cs.UUCP
Subject: Scheme84 and GNU Emacs
Has anyone out there taken the time to rewrite the Scheme mode stuff
for GNU Emacs so that it understands the syntax of R^3 Scheme? In particular
I'd like to use the Scheme84 "[" and "]" as parentheses and have the correct
indentation and balancing. The current scheme mode is also intolerant of
VT200 series terminals.

Thanks,

Bob